Is your home looking spick and span for spring? Not only is now the perfect time to throw open your windows and have a thorough clean, but it’s also time to take care of all the “little things”- general repairs and odd jobs that you know you need to do but just never seem to get to.
Property maintenance in this way is crucial to keeping your home looking great, and also to ensure that small issues don’t become bigger problems over time.
But what if you’re not much of a handyman or handywoman, or if you just don’t have time to get it all done? If you live in the Southern Highlands, call Timber and Wood! We are your go-to property maintenance solutions provider.
Property Maintenance – What to do this spring
The list of odd jobs to do in spring could be as long as you want to make it – there’s always something you can tinker with. But there are some basic jobs which come around each year and are usually lingering issues which worsen over the winter months. The arrival of spring’s warmer weather signals that it’s the right time to tackle them.
- Indoor Painting Touch-ups: spruce up chipped, flaking, or tired doors, doorways, window frames and sills, cornices, and skirting boards with a fresh coat of paint. You’ll be amazed by how much difference such a small job makes, without requiring to paint walls and ceilings.
- Pressure Cleaning: there’s a remarkable amount of dirt and grit which becomes ingrained in driveways, pathways, pavers, tiles, walls, patios and poolsides. Wet areas are also vulnerable to developing mould, mildew, and moss. Pressure cleaning in spring will breath new life into your hard surfaces outdoors.
- Clean Gutters and Drains: remove leaf litter, twigs, and other debris which has built up over autumn and winter. Clogged gutters can cause water damage to you home – this is very expensive to fix. Additionally, in bushfire-prone areas, leaf litter in gutters and on rooftops presents a greater risk to your property. While you’re at it, check your roof for cracked, loose, or broken tiles and other damage, and get it fixed before water damage becomes an issue in your home.
- Chimney/Fireplace Cleaning: the end of winter is the perfect time to have your wood fireplace and chimney cleaned, so they will be fresh and clear and ready for use next autumn.
- Trim Hedges: prune trees and shrubs and trim hedges to remove dead wood and encourage bushy regrowth. (Doing this later than at the beginning of spring may damage fresh new growth on your plants). General garden maintenance should also be on your agenda.
- General Repairs: this includes everything from fixing rotting fences, decking boards, and railings, to staining decks, replacing creaky hinges or loose door or cupboard handles, to re-sealing your shower recess and cleaning your oven.
- Outdoor Painting: winter can wreak havoc on your outdoor painted areas. Touchups and repainting can prevent bigger issues from developing as well as make your home look fantastic. Scrape, prime, and paint bubbling or peeling paint, especially doors, door frames, window frames, eaves, wooden fences, and gates.
*Note that property maintenance is even more crucial if you’re preparing to sell your home in the coming months!
Call Timber & Wood for Spring Property Maintenance
Conveniently situated in Bowral, Timber and Wood offers a wide range of property maintenance services to clients throughout the beautiful Southern Highlands area. With free quotes and competitive pricing, we have the handyman solutions you seek to suit your budget.
Our friendly and experienced staff are safety compliant at all times and we guarantee quality workmanship and results you’ll be more than satisfied by.
We specialise in:
- Indoor and Outdoor Jobs
- General Maintenance
- Gutter Cleaning
- Pressure Washing
- Garden maintenance including lawn mowing and hedge trimming
- Chimney Cleaning
- Waste Removal
No matter what your home maintenance requirements, we are here to help, and no job is too big or too small.
Contact Timber and Wood today for our high-quality property maintenance services. Our friendly team works professionally and with integrity, and we’ll have your home looking fresh and summer-ready in no time!
Call 0484 233 383 or email [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.