Spring has sprung! The warmer weather and blooming flowers make spending time outside irresistible, and you’ll want your garden to look its best for the new season.
Just like your home’s interior feels amazing with a thorough spring clean, so does your garden and yard. With the season’s glorious sunny days and balmy breezes, there’s no better time to get outside and ready your garden for the coming months. It’s also a really important time to get your garden ready for summer – cleaning out and preparing garden beds, pruning, replanting, and cleaning patios and gutters.
But what if you don’t have the time or the inclination to do all those tasks that need to be done?
If you’re in the Southern Highlands, Timber and Wood has the garden maintenance solutions you seek!
Garden Maintenance Jobs to do in Spring
- Lawn Care: ensure your lawn is primed for the coming months. Renovate it or lay new turf. This includes weeding, aerating, and setting (and sticking to) a mowing schedule.
- Fertilising: lawns and plants require feeding as they burst into spring growth and blooming. Lawns need specialised fertilisers, while garden beds can do well with organic-based fertilisers or compost. Potted plants need slow-release or liquid feed.
- Cleaning Up: now is the time to clean up your entire yard – prune dead growth and get rid of branches which overhang your roof. Clean out garden beds and old pots which you wish to replant. Remove garden waste. It’s also the perfect time to clean out gutters (important for bushfire safety) and pressure clean hard surfaces like patios, driveways, and pool areas – you’ll be amazed just how much dirt they hold.
- Mulching: renew your mulch layer on garden beds and potted plants so that they cope with the coming summer heat.
- Pruning: prune winter-blooming plants as they come to the end of their blooming cycle, as well as those that bloom in early spring (after they have bloomed!). This includes roses, camellias, lilacs, and magnolias. Prune the dead or damaged wood.
- Planting: This is the fun part!Plant the following vegetables now: cabbage, strawberry, carrot, capsicum, celery, zucchini, tomato, leeks, lettuce, spinach, cucumber, broccoli, beetroot, and endive.Herbs to plant include chives, coriander, basil, mint, dill, sage, thyme, oregano, and parsley.
Spring flowers to plant now in the Southern Highlands include alyssum, aster, carnation, chrysanthemum, cornflower, cosmos, dahlia, dianthus, marigold, petunia, zinnia, foxglove, lobelia, and hollyhocks. (The bonus of planting flowers and herbs is that they attract beneficial bees, butterflies, and ladybugs to your garden).
- Pest Control: protect your food plants and flowers from pests using natural pest control methods on an ongoing basis.
Why Hire Timber and Wood for your Garden Maintenance?
Timber and Wood is delighted to offer comprehensive garden maintenance services to residents and business clients in Bowral and the wider Southern Highlands area, including:
- Lawn Mowing
- Hedge Trimming
- Garden Waste Removal
- Pressure Washing Hard Surfaces
- Gutter Cleaning
Whatever your garden maintenance needs, we are here to help! No job is too big or too small – from simple weeding or lawn mowing to a complete garden revamp, we have the tools, the experience, and the passion to get out there and make your yard or garden look fantastic.
Get your garden ready for the warmer months in the Southern Highlands with Timber and Wood’s garden maintenance services. With service you can trust, we guarantee to not only meet but to exceed your expectations.
We offer free quotes, so why not give us a call to have a chat about what you need today?
Call 0484 233 383 or email [email protected].
Alternatively, you can complete our online contact form and we will get back to you ASAP.